2. I could not say the word 'cinnamon' until I was about 15. I used to say , "Simmanem"
3. I love beets on my salad. People think I am nuts, but they rock
4. I am the youngest of two children. Some days I still throw a temper tantrum if I don't get my way. I think it has to do with the whole, "birth order" thing.
5. One of my friends from Elementary to High School died when he was 18. His name was Elton. I was going to name my first son after him. But when I had my first son, his last name was going to be John. I thought about it, but it would have been very detrimental to his future, so I decided against it. I really wanted to use it for my second son, but my husband vetoed it.
6. On our first date, Zac took me to the Olive Garden. He spilled his soda all over my lap. I still married him. See, honey, I AM good at forgiving and forgetting!
7.My dad was born in a town named Brandon in Manitoba Canada. My sister would have been named Brandon if she were a boy. I was definitely going to be Brandon, because I was DEFINITELY a boy. haha. So, when I had my first son (and the Elton thing didn't pan out) he became Brandon. His middle name is Alexander, and coincidentally, the town in Canada adjacent to Brandon is in fact, Alexander.
8. When I was barely 14, my family went to visit my sister in college. I stayed at the dorms, my parents at a hotel. My sister left me with her roommates for an hour while she did some errands, and they gave me lots of tequila. I threw up all night long and throughout the following day. When I threw up in the car with my parents, I told them it was the dorm food. I told them the truth 10 years later. I don't drink Tequila anymore.
9.I spent this morning with 60 Kindergartners. One of those three hours was spent on a bus. I loved it :-) Those kids are adorable!!
10. I got a job when I was 13 bussing tables at a Christian Conference center. When I showed up for work, I clocked in. They told me what I was supposed to do, I looked in the Dining Hall and clocked out. I didn't actually want to WORK.
11.My all time favorite movie is the Wizard of Oz. One of my favorite memories is when the movie would come on TV once a year and the whole family would sit down and watch it. I still love it to this day. It IS a classic!
12. I can fold my tongue in half and leave it like that. People think it's really weird and I have only ever met one other person who can do it. Just last week, my 3 year old daughter showed me her tongue, and it was folded in half. Weird. Genetics are strange...especially in this family.
13. I don't care much for chocolate. It makes me sick.