FROM PEOPLE MAGAZINE:
After months of speculation and rumor, the Kids are coming back. A well-placed source tells PEOPLE exclusively that New Kids On The Block are indeed getting back together.
The band's Web site, www.nkotb.com, which had been dormant, is now back up and running in anticipation of the official announcement, which the source says will be made in the next few weeks.
The site currently features a television graphic with a fuzzy, flickering photos of NKOTB in their heyday, and a link inviting fans to sign up for info.
The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early '90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994.
Eighteen years later, they're still "Hangin' Tough." The oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, now a real estate developer, will turn 40 later this year. Since the band's demise, former members Donnie Wahlberg, 38, and Joey McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Danny Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Knight's brother, Jordan, 37, has continued to record.
Not that I care, particularly, but I thought MAYBE one of you might.
I mean, it would be shockingly moronic if someone (say a tween) were to carve Jordan Knight's initials in their arm back in NKOTB's heyday. I don't know anyone irresponsible enough to have done that!!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Posted by kellyo75 at 5:49 PM
Thursday, January 24, 2008
13 Ways To Annoy People During A conversation!
1. Stare at the person’s nose while they are talking.
2. Repeat everything the person said before responding.
3. Ask the person to repeat themselves constantly.
4. Walk in circles around the person as you talk.
5. Make random hand gestures, like pointing at the person’s feet.
6. Stick out your tongue when the person isn’t looking.
7. Use a different name every time you refer to the person.
8. Start dancing for no apparent reason.
9. Blink your eyes one at a time.
10. Switch languages now and then. If you only know one, make up words.
11. Bring up things that have nothing to do with your what you’re talking about.
12. When the person is about to make their point, seem completely uninterested.
13. No matter what the person you’re talking to says, respond with “And then…”.
Posted by kellyo75 at 6:08 AM
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
3 Posts in One Day - One for the records!
This is a vent-a major vent. I know people are busy-I KNOW this, because normally I am too. If you are reading this now, you may want to take a look at the first post I made today, or it may not make much sense.
You know how when your kids are sick, and you are at home all day for weeks-FOUR weeks, you tend to get a bit antsy and neurotic, BECAUSE YOU HAVE BARELY LEFT THE HOUSE??? That's me, right now.
Like I said, I know people are busy. But everyone I know knows that I have been cooped up in my house with sick kids, and do you think they call to see how the kids are doing? How I am doing?? Ok, sure there are a few, but really...I guess in these situations you find out who your friends are, huh? I mean, the phone rings OFF the hook every fricken' day. then they find out the kids are sick, and no one calls? Really?? HELLO! this is when I need my friends. Oh wait-I take it back. They DO call. They call because they are frustrated that I cannot fulfill my regular commitments (and if you know me, you know I am not flaky and that I take my commitments seriously). And then they are taken aback when I am not all gung ho and rarin' to go on things that I am normally extremely passionate about. Well, sorry people. I am more passionate about my kids and their well beings. I am more passionate about the fact that my daughter has had SEVERAL bladder infections in the past 6 months and that it may be something a tad more serious. I am MORE passionate about my family. And I am breaking here. I am really breaking because my children's health is something I have no f-ing control over. I just want to make them all better, and I cannot. Just don't tell Nolan that I am not Super Mom. I don't know how he would take it.
Posted by kellyo75 at 12:57 PM
1. Who is your man?Zac
2. How long have you been together? dating for almost 10 years married for over 7!
3. Dating/Engaged/Married? married for 7 years and 8 months
4. How old is your man? 34
?You or your man?*
1. Who eats more? HE does. he is a hog.
2. Who said "I love you" first? Him - I was scary and damaged at the time.
3. Who weighs more? HIM! Finally.
4. Who sings better? I would say me, because I can at least hold a tune. My man is tone deaf.
5. Who's Older? HIM! i'm 32
6. Who's smarter? We are both smart in different areas. He is good at math, but can't spell worth crap (yeah, I KNOW...and I STILL Married him!)
7. Who's temper is worse?depends on the time of the month ;) (I totally snagged Julie's answer)
8.Who does the laundry? Me, he better not touch it-he'll ruin everything.
9. Who does the dishes? Me- I do everything that has to do with chores.
10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? ME
11. Who's feet are bigger? his are way bigger. He wears a Men's 11 and I am a women's 7 1/2
12. Who's hair is longer? Mine.
13. Who's better with the computer? Me-he is a blue collar dude. I think he finally knows how to forward an email, though.
14. Who mows the lawn? Javier, the gardener ( I know what you're thinking-he's not the hot gardener from Desperate housewives, either)
15. Who pays the bills? I do it.
16. Who cooks dinner? Me, again.
17. Who drives when you are together? he does. He says I "Drive like hell"
18. Who pays when you go out to dinner? He uses his card.
19. Who's the most stubborn? Absolutely HIM.
20. Who is the first one to admit when they're wrong? Though I hate to admit when I am wrong, its usually me just to avoid more fighting.
21. Who's parents do you see more? His dad.
22. Who named your dog? Our son, Brandon.
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me.
24. Who asked who out? I guess he asked me out.
25. What did you do? real date ? we went to olive garden and he spilled his drink on my lap.
26. Who's more sensitive? Me. I still haven't seen him cry.
27. Who's taller? him
28. Who has more friends? ME
29. Who has more siblings? We both have one.
30. Who wears the pants in the relationship? We both do. At different times.
Thanks Julie. I loved doing this. Anyone else who wants to do it, please do! Just let me know you did, so I can drop by and read it!
Posted by kellyo75 at 7:34 AM
NO. FREAKIN'. WAY. Did I do something that made God mad?? Just as I start to think we are over the hump, a light at the end of the tunnel...
We went on a mini vacation this weekend. We went back home to Santa Cruz, Ca, to visit friends and family. We got there on Saturday and were leaving Monday. Sunday, we wake up, and my daughter, Kendall, has "hot pee" which translates into a Bladder Infection. SO, we headed to the ER. It was a 40 minute trip, but we did have to stop SIX times so she could urinate. After 5 hours, we got a prescription, and immediately, after her first dose, she felt some relief. Basically, our only full day of our vacation was spent in the ER.
We figured by today, since Kendall was feeling far better, everyone would be A-OK for school and everything. 3:30 am, what do I hear?? Nolan in the bathroom. Is he just coughing?? OH, of course not-that would be far too simple. Vomiting. DAMN! So, here we are staying home from school, yet again.
Guys, this is old. Thursday will be FOUR weeks since the first vomit, and frankly, I am so damn tired of it. I just want life to go back to the way it was pre-flu and pre-bladder infection. PLEASE, GOD???
Posted by kellyo75 at 6:40 AM