I don't know if I've ever had a migraine. Does it feel as if brain matter is going to explode through your temples any moment?? If, so, I have one.
Fantastic time to step in the "puddle in front of the toilet," wouldn't you say? (those of you with
husbands boys know what I am talking about.) I'm not cleaning it up, either.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Posted by kellyo75 at 8:29 AM
Friday, March 7, 2008
After much research and going back and forth between, "Do I want a front loader because they look so dang cool" and "Do I want a top loader that holds more," I went with the latter. I decided that it is much more important to me to be able to do THREE loads of laundry in one wash with a 4.5 SUPER CAPACITY tub! Plus, it looks kinda cool too, with the glass top and all. Oh, I am so excited!! Now, I will sit here and wait. They will be here between 1-5 today!!
I give you the WHIRLPOOL CABRIO Washer and Dryer...
Posted by kellyo75 at 9:56 AM
Thursday, March 6, 2008
13 Reasons YOU should play my daily Trivia Challenge - Every Day! (on my sidebar, of course)
1. Who doesn't like trivia??
2. You need something to do besides blog all day long (for the SAHM's out there...'cause really all we do is blog, eat bon bons and watch soaps ALL. DAY. LONG.)
3. Come on-stimulate that MOMMY brain!
4. You aren't afraid to LOSE against ME! (No, I am not competitive AT.ALL.)
5. It's timed. so even if we both got them all correct, the one that does it in the fastest time is the REAL winner!
6. I need some people to play against me.
7. You enjoy a bit of a challenge
8. You REALLY love me and want to be a part of everything I am involved in. (Shut up. You KNOW it's true.)
9. You don't want to hurt my precious feelings by not playing :-(
10. Every month, the one with the most wins will get a special bloggy prize from ME!!
11. The questions are really pretty simple, I swear.
12. You want everyone to think you are super smart. Imagine your children's reaction. "Wow, mom (or dad), you got ALL those questions right?? WOW, you must be like really smart and stuff!"
13. YOU WANNA WIN!!!
Posted by kellyo75 at 6:37 AM
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
I ate one of her goldfish crackers and she starts screaming at me.
"I HATE YOU!" Then in her sweetest little angel voice she says, " Well, I hate you a little, but I love you a lot."
Am I supposed to be gaga over that?
BTW, "hate" is not a word the kids are allowed to use. THAT is why she said afterwards that she "only" hates me a little bit, but she loves me a lot. I just thought it was sort of funny.
Posted by kellyo75 at 1:46 PM
Monday, March 3, 2008
Did anyone else catch this show on TLC tonight? Did anyone else feel like vomiting after doing so??
I found this show so completely degrading to Stay at Home Moms everywhere. Basically, it takes a Stay at Home mom and puts her in her "dream career" for a week while dad tends to the kids. At the end of the show, they offer the mom a full time position, as if what she is doing at home is unimportant. The whole time they are talking about how she has sacrificed her life to be home with her kids. I am sorry, but I don't feel like it's a sacrifice to raise my children.
Yes, I did put my career dreams aside so I can raise my children, but you know what?? It was the best damn decision I ever made! And I would do it again in a heartbeat, AND I respect and admire any woman who does this for their children. The best gift you can give your children is your presence. I sincerely believe that. Now, this is not to say that if you do have a career that you are a neglectful parent. There are many reasons why both parents need to work. But DAMN! This television program made it seem that those of us who choose to stay home are doing a disservice to ourselves. What about our children?? I didn't have three children just so I can pawn them off on someone else. I CHOSE to have three children so that I can raise them and love them and give them security day in and day out. Sure, maybe I put my career on hold, but mark my words: I am absolutely LIVING MY DREAM. And, I am positive that my children will thank me for it someday.
Posted by kellyo75 at 8:08 PM
Sunday, March 2, 2008
I found this on Jenn's site, and though she didn't exactly "tag" me for this, I am doing it anyway because I know you are all DYING to know more about me. Plus, I am on a blogging roll lately and who knows when I will be again!!
1. If your doctor told you TODAY that you were pregnant, what would you say? Well, I guess now is as good a time as any to tell Zac about the lawn boy....(Zac has had a vasectomy...J/K about the lawn boy. Of course, if he looked like the one on Desperate Housewives...)
2. Do you trust all of your friends? Mostly. The ones I don't trust aren't true friends.
3. Would you move to another state or country to be with the one you love? Yep, absolutely. I would live anywhere as long as my family was there with me.
4. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? Yes, I believe in God and I believe that He makes everything happen for a reason.
5. Can you make a dollar in change right now? Yep, I absolutely could. Which is weird, because I never, NEVER have cash.
6. Which one of your friends do you think would make the best doctor? Oh gosh, you would all have to be assuming that I have smart friends.
7. What naughty word do you use too often? Naughty?? Or bad? I say too many bad words, but when I hear "naughty" I think of sex...so, the naughty word that I like to use is "hump." I know, so juvenile.
8. Is there someone who pops into your mind at random times? Yes, there is someone. Old friends pop into my head a lot.
9. What's your most favorite scar? I don't have a lot of scars, but I do like the story behind the huge long one on my leg. Yep, I shaved for the first time at 12 and I STILL have the scar!
10. When was the last time you flew in a plane? Gosh, I don't really remember. Maybe 10 years ago to go to Washington. Wow, it's been a while.
11. What features do you find most attractive in the preferred sex? Ha ha...Preferred sex. I am sorry, that cracked me up. So PC, dontcha think?? I guess the eyes, but OMG I am totally laughing at the "preferred sex."
12. Fill in the blank. I love __________. Ice Cream.
13. What is a goal you would like to accomplish in the near future? I would like to get another "A" in this Child Development class. I would also like to get a job next year at a preschool that Kendall is attending.
14. If you were to wake up from being in a coma for an extended time who would you call? Assuming my husband was with me, I would call my mom and dad and my sister.
15. Where was your favorite picture taken? I like the pic of my husband and I at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in the faux clam shell. (see profile pic)
16. What's your middle name? Jean
17. Honestly, what's on your mind right now? This survey. I find it incredibly difficult to talk about me.
18. If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be? I would have given each of my children a second middle name. I know it's lame, but I always wanted more "biblical" names for my children and they don't have them. So, like Brandon Alexander Josiah or Nolan Patrick Silas or Kendall Norine Grace. I told you before, I love names.
19. Who was or will be the maid of honor/best man in your wedding? My sister was my maid of honor and my friend Connie was my Matron of Honor.
20. What are you wearing right now? Some cozy pants and a cozy sweater thingy.
21. Ever had a bar fight? No, I don't go to bars.
22. Who knows you the best? Besides myself, Zac does.
23. Did you buy something today? Just pizza for lunch.
24. Did you get in a fight with someone today? No, but Zac has been a grump, so I have been pissy.
25. When was the last time you had a massage? About 4 months ago. It was rad.
26. Last person to see you cry? My Doctor. I hate that.
27. Who made you cry? Aunt Flo.
28. What was the last TV show you watched? LOST, I guess.
29. Who was the last person you hung out with? My family and our friends Star and Zack and their kids.
30. Have you ever taken a peek at someone else's diary? Yes, I looked at my sister's Diary when I was younger. It was mean and awful. I found out a lot of things. Had a ton of ammo that I eventually used on her.
Posted by kellyo75 at 2:52 PM
Holleeann from thevasquez3 high fived (tagged) me for this really fun hoopla (meme) she called it "Say What?!" and here's how it works:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Just list 10 things that won't likely ever come out of your mouth.
3. High-five (or 'tag') any amount of people to do the same on their blog.
4. Then come back here to Home is Where the Mom Is and let me know that you did it.
1. "I love it when you yell and scream and fight during breakfast. Just the perfect way to start my day."
2. "No, I don't want a bigger car. My car holds five very tightly, and since we have a family of 5, it works perfectly for us."
3. "Oh, I love being fat!"
4. "Hey, honey, come sit right beside me and cuddle away."
5. "Would you like a foot rub??"
6. "I don't mind at all if you are late. Every. single. time."
7. "Could you please whine a little louder?? I don't think I heard you."
8. " Oh, is that spelled wrong? I didn't even notice."
9. "Yes, I have been sitting on my a$$ all day. Hand me some more bon bons would ya?"
10. "No, thanks. I have all the money I need. You can keep the inheritance."
I will just tag a couple people for this one. Julia at crazymama and Jen at enjoying the ride
Posted by kellyo75 at 6:49 AM