13 Things I am thankful for this year.
First of all, I need to thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ...He alone deserves all the credit for all the things I have been blessed with this year, and the 30 something years prior.
I am gonna knock out the important things first...
1. I am thankful for my 3 1/2 minute shower this morning, disrupted 3 times by screaming children. I am also thankful for my shared potty experiences. Nothing like a party on the pot! I am thankful for these things, because I have been SO blessed with three beautiful and intelligent children. There are so many people who cannot have children that would kill for a 3 minute shower.
2. I am thankful for dirty socks stuffed in between couch cushions. Yes, my husband, Zac is not the most tidy person alive, but he is my husband and I love him. I am so lucky to have a man who loves me, loves our children and works his butt off for everything we have. He is amazing.
3. My friends. The friends who I have known forever. The friends who I have just met. My online friends and my In real Life friends. My friends who I have hurt and have forgiven me. My friends who I haven't hurt yet, but have the capacity to forgive when I do :-). All my friends who visit me on this blog...I am thankful for you. I especially love you when you give me awards, LOL!
4. I am thankful for my sister, her husband and my nephews. I have always wanted to be an auntie and for the past 2 1/2 years, I have been happy to take that role.
5. 80's music. It's important. I love it and it's my main form of entertainment. Without it, my soul would be lost. It really would.
6. Fuzzy socks. I could not sleep last night because my feet were freezing. I mean ICE cold. I got up, grabbed a pair of fuzzy socks and I was fine :-) Fuzzy socks are my friend.
7. Ice cream. Despite the oh-so-attractive "front butt" it gives me, it's the best thing EVER. I could eat ice cream for every meal of every day, but my thighs beg me not to, so I resist.
8. MOPS. Seriously, if it weren't for my MOPS group, I would be in a straight jacket right now. I love my friends there and the joy that serving gives me.
9. New Kids on the Block. Now, before you think I am a complete psycho, hear me out. I am thankful for the nostalgic feelings it gives me when I see a New Kids Video. The feeling that I am a kid with no cares in the world and no responsibilities. Oh, to go back to that day for just a moment.
10. School. I am thankful that I have been given the means and the opportunity to go back to school after 15 years. I am not so thankful for that 96% I got on my test last week, but I will survive. I keep having to remind myself that it is still an 'A', even if I did get one question wrong.
11. I am thankful for a vehicle. It may not be the most practical vehicle for our family of 5, but it gets us from point a to point b with pretty good gas mileage.
12. I am VERY VERY grateful for my husband's 89 year old grandmother. I make sure to remind him on a daily basis that I married him for his grandmother. She's the most amazing woman I have ever met. I love her tremendously and I hope and pray she makes it another 20+ years!
13. High School Musical. When all else fails, put it on. I love it, the kids love it and it has some AWESOME music on it! LOVE me some HSM, plus the boys are so cute. I would have been all over this movie when I was a kid!!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!