Monday, October 29, 2007

I forgot to add to my tag.

I should have put this in with my seven random facts. I didn't, though. And I apologize, but I feel like it is my duty to share it, as I think some may think it a sickness.

I am SUPER anal about spelling and grammar. I will be reading a blog and I can point out every single spelling error. Not so much the grammatical errors, as they sometimes confuse me, but I do know the basic ones. Sometimes I sit with my virtual red pen and circle each and every misspelling. It really makes me crazy when things are spelled incorrectly. Now, in my defense, EVERY so often I will misspell something, but it's not because I don't know how to spell it; it's because I get so excited that I am typing away and I forget to go back and notice that I made an error.

Also, please use the correct forms of there, your, to, etc... It does drive me batty when I have to take out the red pen.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Maybe now that you are more aware of my disease, you will be more aware of your spelling / grammatical errors.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

".....BUT I LOVE MAKING YOU CRAZY & BATY," (OOPS, did i spell that wrong..hee, hee!)
xoxo
Jeannene

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one!
So true. I'm no expert, but the mistakes bug me. Then I'm mortified when I find one of my own.

If someone misspells something in their comment to me - I fix it. ;)

Anonymous said...

"Kelly, come by and tell me what you think..i think you told me the other day when you were over..but i forgot!!"
xo

Believer in Balance said...

I can find a typo in anything, including menus, textbooks and signs! It drives me crazy too!

Bethany said...

good lawdy, how do you read anything that I type? I must drive you C.R.A.Z.Y!

jenn said...

I always try to remember to spellcheck, but I goof every now and then too.

Oh, you typed "it;s", instead of it's. I found that fairly amusing in a post about grammer and spelling!

You can come by and edit mine anytime!

Cecily R said...

Why oh why don't they have a spell check on the comments section? I am a notoriously bad speller and it stresses me out knowing you have you're virtual red pen handy every time I comment here!

I'm glad your so annoyed by the incorrect usage of your...it makes me nutso too. Am I irritating enough yet?