That I am not able to keep up with blogging when we have a lot going on in our lives. I have thought about it and thought about it. I've even said to myself, "I should TOTALLY blog this" several times a day and by the time I got around to picking up the computer, I was too tired to DO it. And I miss doing Thursday 13, too. Since the last time I posted, my two little ones had birthdays. My son, Nolan, aka NINJA turned 6 years old. And my only daughter, Kendall, aka PRINCESS, turned 4. So, on this Wednesday (since who knows if I will be able to get on tomorrow) I am going to do a list of 13 things about each of them, for their birthdays.
1. She is ALL girl. I have never known a more girly girl. You'd think with three brothers, she'd be a tomboy. But no, she loves dresses ALL. THE. TIME. Babies, Barbies, Weddings, Princesses, you name it.
2. She is so proud that she has the "same eyes" as her mommy. She's the only one that got my brown eyes and she tells me all the time. It's a special connection we have.
3. She sings all the time. Her "favorite kind of song" is 'Bubbly' by Colbie Caillat. She makes up songs when we are driving around and sings them, annoying her brothers to no end.
4. She is SO smart. She is my speller =0). She saw one of Nolan's papers from Kindergarten and was so mad because he spelled something wrong and she caught it. Do you think this is my kid, lol??
5. She LOVES strawberries. We went to my cousins wedding this past weekend and her beautiful white sweater was white with red strawberry stains by the end. She must have eaten about 30 strawberries.
6. Kendall will play by herself with her babies and her Barbies for HOURS. I can always get things done when it's just her and me at home.
7. She is a toucher. She always wants to be touched. I am NOT a toucher, at all. It's hard for me when she is all over me. But it melts my heart when she says, "Mom, when I sit by you, will you just touch me on my arm?"
8. She will sit still and be quiet when I need her to, unlike the boys at this age. We had a promotion ceremony last week for my oldest (to 7th grade, wow!) and it was 1 1/2 hours long in the heat, and she was SO good the whole time.
9. Kendall potty trained herself at 20 months. I seriously didn't do a thing. Her brother was still using the kid potty and she wanted to, also, so she did. From then on, it was panties. Loved that!
10. She is SASSY. If anyone gets in her way and screws up her little routine, she will SCREAM, a blood curdling scream. You'd think someone was killing her.
11. She loves BABIES. Kendall is a nurturer and any time she sees a baby, she comforts and loves them.
12. Kendall is a pleaser. She is helpful and she really does what she's supposed to 90% of the time.
13. Kendall really, truly thinks she is a Princess. No one told her she was, but she is absolutely convinced she is. I am not about to burst her bubble.
1. Nolan is stubborn. In fact, I don't know anyone quite as stubborn, besides his father. No real examples here, but you can imagine, I'm sure.
2. He is determined. The kid taught himself how to ride a bike on a whim one day.
3. He hates reading writing and spelling (boooo!) BUT he LOVES math.
4. The kid is his father reincarnated. He looks exactly like him. See 1, 2 and 3. He also has his dad's weird mannerisms AND sense of humor. It's a good thing I love my husband as much as I do, cuz I have two of him!!
5. Nolan does not know how to walk. He runs and jumps EVERYWHERE. He jumps all over the furniture (which drives me crazy) doing gymnastics.
6. Nolan understands things way above his age level. It's crazy how complex his mind is. He understand adult humor, especially, so we really have to be careful what we say in front of him, or he may just tell his preschool teacher, "Hey is that a banana in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?" Oh, wait. He did THAT already.
7. He is compassionate, which is something I did not really realize until this past weekend. We went to my cousin's wedding and my aunt has an 18-year-old foster daughter who is severely mentally challenged. Nolan was so nice to her and so attentive, I was floored.
8. His favorite food is artichokes. He likes them dipped in butter and garlic. (so do I!)
9. Nolan has piercing blue eyes. Everyone who meets him talks about how beautiful his eyes are.
10. Nolan is a homebody. He does not like spending the night anywhere besides home and anytime we talk about moving (which we aren't going to do anytime soon) he gets all upset. He really likes his room. He says when he gets married, they will live at home and his wife can sleep on the pull out under his bed.
11. He is VERY protective of his sister. She might bug the crap outta him, but he is always looking out for her. He'll never admit it, but he loves her dearly.
12. Nolan has bruises from head to toe. So much, in fact, that every time we go to the doctor, I get questioned. I finally asked the doctor, "You wanna come over for dinner sometime? See for yourself."
13. Nolan is my little booger. As active and crazy as he is, sometimes he will just sit close to me and play with my hair. It calms him down.
I love all of my children more than I could have ever imagined possible. Each one of them bring something special and different into my life and I do thank God every day for choosing me to be their mommy. I am so blessed.
I just can't believe my BABY is FOUR!