13 Irish Toasts
In Celebration of St. Patty's Day, I thought I'd pay a little tribute to all the fellow Irish!! (I am not actually Irish, my name just sounds like I am. My husband and children, however...are.)
1. May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
2. May you live to be a hundred years, with one extra year to repent.
3. As you slide down the banisters of life may the splinters never point the wrong way.
4. May your troubles be as few and as far apart as my Grandmothers teeth.
5. May the Lord keep you in His hand and never close His fist too tight.
6. May your neighbors respect you, Trouble neglect you, The angels protect you, And heaven accept you.
7. May you die in bed at ninety-five years, shot by a jealous husband(or wife).
8. May your doctor never earn a dollar out of you and may your heart never give out. May the ten toes of your feet steer you clear of all misfortune, and before you're much older, may you hear much better toasts than this.
9. Beautiful young people are acts of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art.
10. May I see you grey and combing your children's hair.
11. May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, the foresight to know where you're going and the insight to know when you're going too far.
12. May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty.
13. May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings, slow to make enemies, quick to make friends. But rich or poor, quick or slow, may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.
And, one more, just because it's hilarious!!
Here's to our wives and girlfriends:
May they never meet!