I thought I would compile a list of 13 memories that stood out this Christmas. Some funny, some irritating, some wonderful :-)
1. When my 2 year old nephew told me off. I was yelling up the stairs for my oldest son. I kept going, "Brandon, BRAndon, BRANDON!" Little Max (my nephew), says, "We scream OUTSIDE, Auntie." Oh, I thought I was going to pee myself.
2. We do a 'white elephant' gift exchange at my grandfather's Christmas Eve. The gift is supposed to be between 15-20 dollars. My grandfather brings a golden tree with the $2.99 price tag partially blacked out from the Grocery Outlet. My poor husbnad ended up with that one. It wouldn't be so irritating if it wasn't so typical.
3. Getting to spend quality time with my nephews. Max is 2 1/2 and Cole is 5 months. I love them to pieces and I don't see them a lot. It was so fun and sweet to hold a baby! I love him.
4. BOARD GAMES! I got three games for Christmas! RAD!! I got Vh1's, "I love the 80's" game. It is so awesome! I also got Catch Phrase and Cranium Wow! We played them all already and I am so looking forward to game night! Who's in??
5. Watching my children's faces as they open gifts that they have "wanted for their whole life." All three years, huh, Princess??
6. The drive home from Christmas Dinner at Grammie's. My 5 year old, Nolan, is sitting up front with Zac and I. He took off his socks and shoes and I cannot resist cute kid feet! So, I started rubbing his feet, He turns to me and says, "So, You wanna rub my putrid feet, do ya??"
7. Seeing Grammie. Grammie is my husband, Zac's 89 year old Grandmother. I love her so much!
8. Everyone getting along and sharing their new toys. Had to include that since it's now the 27th and all that love is long gone!
9. Christmas Eve Eve dinner at my house, Tamales, Enchiladas and good friends and family! Oh, and Catch Phrase! Whoo hoo....
10. Playing Catch Phrase and using this clue, "A blind singer who sings,
11. Watching 'A Christmas Story' for the 100th time with the family. Man, that's a GOOD movie.
12. My clean house...if even only for an hour...sigh.
13. The pure magic of the holiday season. The love, the laughter, the unselfish giving, the pure joy of children. I love it all. It's just too bad it doesn't happen all year long.
I hope you all had a joyous Christmas! Have a wonderful New Year!!